We currently have an opportunity for a talented design engineer to join the team, with the flexibility to work from either our Traralgon or Warragul offices.
This role is suited to someone who is ready to take the next step in their career working on a range of small, medium and large land development and infrastructure projects. There will also be opportunities to interact with our numerous offices across Victoria and NSW, continuing your professional development and career progression within a supportive and friendly team environment.
As a design engineer in this role you will:
- Contribute to the development of concepts for roads, drainage, sewer, water and telecommunications infrastructure as required
- Develop functional designs of required infrastructure under supervision of the senior design engineer
- Ensure engineering activities (primarily within the land development field) are conducted in accordance with relevant codes and standards
- Prepare detailed designs and computations for projects under the supervision of a senior design engineer
- Work collaboratively with draftspeople and other specialised departments to finalise engineering design plans and achieve the best outcomes for all stakeholders.
- Deliver final documentation for projects in accordance with the client brief, specified budgets and time schedules
- Liaise directly with relevant stakeholders including clients, councils and local authorities in a timely and efficient manner
- Develop and implement safe and sustainable engineering concepts
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent industry experience (enough to allow membership with Engineers Australia)
- Minimum of three years’ relevant industry experience, preferably within a land development/engineering design consultancy environment
- Practical knowledge of engineering techniques
- Ability to conduct and understand technical analyses
- Proficient in a range of computer software applications relevant to this role, including 12D design skills and a working knowledge of Civil 3d
- The ability to multitask, prioritise work and meet established deadlines
- Lateral thinking skills to tackle and overcome complex engineering problems
What we can offer:
- A competitive salary package
- A range of great staff benefits; including paid maternity & paternity leave, employee assistance program, BW My Savings (Reward Gateway)
- A supportive, diverse and inclusive company culture where professional development and career growth are strongly encouraged and supported
- Excellent work-life balance with the opportunity to secure additional annual leave
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Beveridge Williams is an Equal Opportunity and Gender Equality Employer